Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome to Couponin' Mom!

Welcome to my blog, Couponin' Mom! 

I am a young, (mostly) stay at home mom of 2, a sweet baby girl (Little Miss) and rambunctious little boy (Monster Man). I work part time as a nanny for a wonderful family. I love to cook, be a mom, a friend and a wife. Nothing pleases me more than time with my family. I love to read, be outdoors, camp and eat (goes with the cooking :) ). I'm a Twilight Fan and an even bigger Vampire Academy fan. I love mystery books, cook books, romance novels, young adult books and reading Dr Seuss to Monster Man & Little Miss. I am addicted to cook books/magazines (LOVE Rachel Ray), cute clothes (and shoes!) & couponing. I'm also learning to live a simpler life - less possessions, more memories!

I have been couponing for a couple months following other blogs and have been getting more and more extreme (although I don't clear the shelves!) I'm working on my families stock pile and still buying our normal weekly groceries for $50/wk. We are a brand picky family, which means it can be hard to do the shopping, and some times we go with out. If its not on sale or I don't have a coupon for it, we no longer buy it - the exception to this is fresh fruits & veggies (and pet food but I'll get to that later). The more I save on groceries, the more fresh things I can buy, and with how I love to cook and how Monster Man likes to eat, fresh fruits and veggies are a necessity! 

I started this blog track my progress as a couponer, show how I'm saving my family of 7 (4 people and 3 pets!) money, to share deals and teach others how to stretch their budget! Join me on my money-saving, life simplifying journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment